Thank you so much for your interest in our school, and for taking the time to read and see what we are all about at River East. We hope and would love to have the opportunity to get to know your family better, and are excited at the possibility of having you join our community in the future!
COVID-19 has shifted our admissions process, but we have created an experience that will mirror the tours and admissions process prior to the pandemic as much as possible. We have had great success with this process and have been amazed at the Friends' flexibility, tenacity and excitement to connect with their peers. We know that these are crazy and wild times and choosing a preschool is now so different than it used to be. We are here for you and want to help you make informed decisions that are the best for your family so feel free to reach out should you have any questions or want to talk things through.
FALL 2021 | RIVER EAST APPLICATION PROCESS:
1). APPLICATION FORM & FEE: After looking at our website, and feeling that this is a good fit for your family and their needs, we ask that you fill out an application.
Application Fee: $125 (non-refundable) | Checks made payable to River East School.
Please mail your completed application and application fee to:
RIVER EAST SCHOOL
4316 LA CLEDE AVENUE | LOS ANGELES | CA | 90039
2) WAITLIST: Child/family officially added to RES waitlist.
3) VIRTUAL SESSION: Once you have been added to the waitlist, you will have the option to join a virtual meet-and-greet with The RES team and other prospective families. We will hold this event once a month and will have a maximum of 4-5 families per session, so please be sure to email us your preferred date. All available dates will be posted on the admissions page of our website.
4) 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR ADMISSIONS: RES will reach out to all waitlisted families regarding enrollment availability to gauge interest in April, 2021. Should you have interest in an earlier start date, please let us know and we will keep you informed accordingly.
5) VIRTUAL NEW STUDENT ENGAGEMENT: Should there be available capacity and you wish to move forward with the enrollment process, we will schedule a virtual date for your child and their primary caregiver here at school to meet their new teachers. This is always very special for the Friends, as they get to form a special bond with the teachers before school starts.
6) ENROLLMENT STATUS: Following your virtual date we will notify you of acceptance status into River East School. We plan to have our roster finalized by the end of June 2021.
7) VIRTUAL SESSION GALORE! Prior to school opening in the Fall we will host many virtual sessions, a meet-and-greet for all the families, a health and safety course to go over all of our procedures and protocols for the year, and a session for every new and returning River East Friend.
8) FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL | 2021-2022 FALL SCHOOL YEAR: Date tentatively set for Wednesday, Sept 1, 2021.